ietf-nntp draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-00

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Mar 17 13:29:28 PST 2003

Ken Murchison wrote:

> "Jeffrey M. Vinocur" wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Russ Allbery wrote:
> >
> > > give people some examples of the various things that can happen.
> >
> > Yikes, I hadn't realized there was no Examples section.  I wonder how
> > that slipped by...
> >
> > Do the examples need to include the TLS negotiation itself?  If so, can
> > someone with the appropriate tools (Ken, perhaps) generate them?

Here's a more complete example:

C: LIST EXTENSIONS
S: 202 Extensions supported:
S: AUTHINFO
S: SASL CRAM-MD5 NTLM DIGEST-MD5
S: HDR
S: LISTGROUP
S: OVER
S: STARTTLS
S: .
C: AUTHINFO USER ken
S: 483 AUTHINFO USER command only available under a layer
C: STARTTLS
S: 382 Begin TLS negotiation now
<TLS negotiation, further commands are under TLS layer>
C: LIST EXTENSIONS
S: 202 Extensions supported:
S: AUTHINFO USER
S: SASL CRAM-MD5 NTLM DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN EXTERNAL
S: HDR
S: LISTGROUP
S: OVER
S: .
C: STARTTLS
S: 500 Unrecognized command

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127