ietf-nntp draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-00

Joao Prado Maia jpm at papercut.org
Tue Mar 4 13:13:01 PST 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:

> Ok, I will remove MULTIDOMAIN from the STARTTLS draft.  I can't decide
> whether we have consensus or just apathy in the other thread (virtual
> hosting in NNTP); if people want a standalone command similar to
> MULTIDOMAIN from this draft, I'll just reuse the text.

I think it is just apathy. I believe everybody agreed that something like
that could be useful in a very specific use case, but didn't really agreed
if the command should be an addition to the new version of the NNTP
protocol or just another extension.

My only problem with making it an extension is how hard it would be to
lobby the newsreader vendors to support it.

Cheers,
Joao