ietf-nntp Folding

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Mon Jul 28 06:22:19 PDT 2003

I'm unsure where we got to here - my mailbox contains a brief exchange
between you and Charles.

Can I please have definitive answers to each of the following:

(1) Can a header line be folded between the colon and the first space?
(2) Can an unfolded header line end with white space?
(3) Can a header line be folded twice between two non-white space
    characters, so that a post-folding line contains only white space?
(4) Can folding occur after a white space character, so that a post-folding
    line ends with white space?

I can then craft appropriate wording and rewrite the syntax if necessary.

Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | *** NOTE CHANGE ***
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Thus plc            |                            | Mobile: +44 7973 377646