ietf-nntp Virtual hosts in NNTP servers

Joao Prado Maia jpm at papercut.org
Wed Feb 26 14:11:02 PST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Ken Murchison wrote:

> And how would you have them configure their existing clients if you have
> a HOST extension?  ;)

I don't propose this to be something universally available, but maybe
having this new command in the new NNTP protocol might encourage tool
vendors to support it.

This is not a life or death situation for me, but I figured it would be a
good idea to lobby it here, since a new version of the protocol is being
drafted.

Does that mean that you support this idea now, given the use cases
discussed in this thread ?

Cheers,
Joao