ietf-nntp WG Review of draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-05.txt

Robert Schuettler rober at cis.fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 25 06:35:38 PST 2003

Hi everyone,

I'd like to sum up the NAS draft discussion - so that we can perhaps
move on with the RFC process.

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 Ned Freed wrote:

> Folks, some time ago I asked people to have a look at this draft and
> to decide what should be done with it. I don't believe a consensus
> ever emerged as to how to proceed on this. Additionally, a new
> version has been published that may change things.

This "new" version is basically the same version (05) that had been
announced on this list back in August 2002. It addresses - in my
opinion - all the points that were raised in the prior discussion. (The
only real recent change is that the 05 version is published officially
now.)

> I'd therefore like to ask people to review this document and weigh in
> with opinions as to how it should be handled. There are various
> possibilities, including but not limited to:

(...)

I don't know about the mails and votes than might have gone directly to
Ned's private mail-address of course, but according to the opinions
voiced on this list, it seems to me that we are ready to ge ahead with:

> (3) OK but not quite ready for prime time. Publish as experimental.

I would be more than happy to live with that. :-)

Thanks again for all your time and input! Best regards, Robert

Robert Schuettler                         | rober at cis.fu-berlin.de
Freie Universitaet Berlin                 |
Zentraleinrichtung fuer Datenverarbeitung | http://www.zedat.fu-berlin.de