ietf-nntp Draft 17 pre-1

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Wed Feb 19 09:16:46 PST 2003

Dear NNTP working group,

I am about to send out two further emails. Each contains a copy of the
first version of Draft 17, one in plain text and one in HTML.

This version contains major formatting changes since draft 16. I have
converted my source material to XML and used various tools to produce the
drafts. As a result, all section numbers have changed and there will be
other differences in the formatting.

The substantive changes to the text are, however, minor. They consist only
of minor edits, except that:
- I have reorganised the description of all commands into a consistent
  Usage/Description/Examples form;
- I have reordered the commands in the way I proposed many moons ago.

Russ and I have agreed that I will send out this draft to allow people to
get used to the new format before any major changes are made to the text.
As soon as I can I will be producing the second version, which should have
all of Russ's list of proposals applied to it.

Enjoy!

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 870 051 9937