ietf-nntp TLS cipher renegotation to NULL cipher

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 12 12:19:48 PST 2003

Russ Allbery <rra at Stanford.EDU> writes:

> I don't think there are any outstanding issues preventing the AUTHINFO
> and TLS draft or drafts from being published as I-Ds.  After all, an I-D
> is a working document and will change later.  I certainly don't mind
> having the first I-D published without talking about cipher downgrades
> and adding that in later, if it seems worthwhile from implementation.

Oh, and bear in mind that technically, right now, discussion of these I-Ds
is off charter.  I don't mind it proceeding at all, since we have a bit of
a lull while work on the base document proceeds behind the scenes, but
it's something to be aware of.

We need to get the base document out and then recharter, and after we
recharter with a charter for publishing extensions, those I-Ds will become
on-charter (assuming that proceeds the way I expect it to).