[ietf-nntp] draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-01.txt

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Dec 8 22:10:19 PST 2003

I don't know why we didn't get a publication announcement, but I've
released a new version of the TLS draft; comments please.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-01.txt

For reference, changes since draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-00.txt are --

     New:
     o  Text needed to comply with extensions framework guidelines:
        -  Allows 483 to be returned for most commands
        -  No pipelining
        -  Not impacted by MODE READER
     o  Examples section

     Changed:
     o  Welcome banner is *not* reissued after STARTTLS
     o  STARTTLS on an already-secure link gives 502 (not 580)
     o  Failed negotiation gives 580 on the reestablished insecure link
     o  Removed MULTIDOMAIN, need is resolved by RFC 3546 (a SHOULD)
     o  Removed definition of 483, which is now included in base spec
     o  Use HDR instead of PAT in the LIST EXTENSIONS example

     Clarified:
     o  When the capability can be advertised
     o  The specifc octet where encrypted session begins

     Other:
     o  Reformatting to match base spec style
     o  Assorted updates of phrasing and typographical varieties
     o  Updated several references per new versions of documents

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org