ietf-nntp Currently outstanding issues

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sat Apr 26 05:27:30 PDT 2003

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Section 12:
>
> | OUTSTANDING ISSUE
> |
> | Why RFC 1939?
>
> Stan answered this somewhere back in the list archives.  I don't recall
> exactly.  I don't think we necessarily need to explain it, so if we can't
> find a good explanation, I'd just leave it as-is.

I'd guess that RFC 1939 is listed as a reference because the NNTP
extension mechanism is patterned after the POP3 extension mechanism and
the SMTP extension mechanism (RFC 1869).  I'd leave both references if
Stan used them as inspiration.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127