defect in "POST" section of draft 18 pre2 (was: ietf-nntp Draft 18 pre 2)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Apr 5 02:35:53 PST 2003

"Clive D.W. Feather" <clive at demon.net> writes:

> I'm going to be busy this week, so I've uploaded another snapshot to
> http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/

There's a typo in section 6.3.1.2 "Description" (of the POST command):

"A response of 240 SHOULD indicate that, barring unforseen server
errors, the posted article will be made available on the server and/or
transferred to other servers as appropriate. In other words, articles
not wanted by the server SHOULD be rejected with a 411 response and not
accepted and silently discarded."

The reject code should be 441, not 411.

--
Matthias Andree