ietf-nntp OVER and HDR parameter comments

Charles Lindsey chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk
Thu Apr 3 04:45:34 PST 2003

In <ylbrzolqp7.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu> Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> writes:

>Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> writes:

>> Please skip this paragraph if the current draft already provides this
>> info: 1. as long as the return code for "the administrator prohibits you
>> to use HDR for this header" is distinct from "HDR not implemented",
>> that's fine with me.

>Yup, that's in there.

Eh? I don't see any return code for "We don't do that header". All I see
is 225 with empty list meaning "didn't find that header anywhere". Mind
you, it might be difficult for the server to return such a response if the
header had been added/removed from its list recently, so it would find it
in some articles, but not in others.

Email: chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.