ietf-nntp Folding

Andrew Gierth andrew at erlenstar.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 1 18:29:46 PST 2003

 Ken> IIRC, proper folding _requires_ that a non whitespace character
 Ken> follows the CRLF.  So I don't believe that you can fold between
 Ken> spaces.

FWS             =       ([*WSP CRLF] 1*WSP) /   ; Folding white space

so yes, you can fold between spaces. The requirement is that the
character _after_ the CRLF _is_ whitespace, because that's how you
distinguish that it's not the start of the next header field.

but I don't see how any of this is relevent here (rather than over in
Usefor)

--
Andrew.