ietf-nntp Review of draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-04.txt

Robert Schuettler rober at cis.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 3 05:08:34 PDT 2002

* Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> [29.04.02 21:10]:

> if anyone actually starts using all that additional information
> provided for in this draft, it could be useful.

A test implementation is running on nas2.cis.dfn.de and we have started
to add some NAS functionality to slrn.

> I'd really like to see the packets of information about a hierarchy
> registered as a MIME type.  I don't think that would be much
> additional work for this draft, and then those packets could also be
> included in control messages.

The idea of the NAS database is to allow administators, administrative
tools and newsclients to query the database not to actively send out
something like control messages.

We will discuss the other points in Larry and your mails in our next
meeting ( when everyone is back from vacation ;) including the PGP
business and the ABNF. (The blank line to seperate group data should be
no problem.)

Robert Schuettler                     | rober at cis.fu-berlin.de
Freie Universitaet Berlin             |
Center for Information Services (CIS) | http://www.cis.fu-berlin.de