ietf-nntp Re: OVER extension

greg andruk gja at meowing.net
Sun Mar 31 21:11:07 PST 2002

At 07:05 PM 3/31/2002 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

>I think the byte count includes the headers, although this portion of the
>INN code is really difficult to read and I'm not positive that I've read
>it correctly.

Yes, it includes the headers.  (innd 1.x feeds the size of the final
article file to overchan, and expireover -a  stats the file to get the
size.  Given the CF/CRLF conversions, the field will never exactly match
the number of bytes transmitted by ARTICLE in that implementation.)

>   However, the byte count (as implemented in INN at least)
>counts CRLF as a single byte.  *sigh*

Ugly, but at least it's consistent =)