ietf-nntp AUTHINFO SASL protocol choices

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Mar 27 22:08:58 PST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Stan O. Barber wrote:

> After talking with folks at IETF, there was a general belief that individual
> extensions could set buffer size needs for their use that would not impact
> the buffer sizes for any other commands.

Interesting.

This directly implies that we intend extensions to introduce new commands,
never add aditional parameters to existing commands.  Is that correct?

(Otherwise two extensions which affect the same command can cause all
sorts of weird interactions.  I can go into more detail if it's not
clear what I mean here.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org