ietf-nntp AUTHINFO SASL protocol choices

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Wed Mar 13 20:30:12 PST 2002

For the record, I don't have an objection to amending the line length
requirements if necessary. I just don't want to break software in the field.

I'd also like to know what other commands in the current draft should
need verbage concerning the line length changes (if any). I look to the
participants to offer up their thoughts on this.

There is an IETF meeting next week and there will be a WG meeting there,
but I don't know if this dicussion will be far enough along that we can
have consensus decision that quickly. I was planning on reviewing the
work done in December and January there and having some decisions that
we could put into a draft in late March, early April. This might make
that draft as well if we can get to consensus quickly enough.