ietf-nntp Where are we at?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Jun 22 11:36:31 PDT 2002

So... where are we at with this standard?  It seems like we're overdue for
another draft.

I sent out draft text for HDR and haven't heard anything at all back about
it, so I assume that it's fine, although Charles just said he had some
issue that he hasn't had time to write up yet.  I know that people wanted
to have namespaces in it to get things like the article byte count, and
I'm happy to incorporate that into my proposal if someone writes the
language.

There are various pending issues noted at:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/nntp/proposed/>

I've not heard anything more about those, so I'm assuming that people
generally agree with them.

Clive has replacement text for OVER pending; I noted some issues that I
had with it, but there wasn't much further discussion.  What's the status
of that?

It seems like this would be a good time to put out another draft, if for
no other reason than to serve as a synchronization point.

Stan, do you need for me to reformat my HDR proposal to use the same
layout as is currently used in the draft rather than the new command
format that Clive proposed (which I find more readable)?