ietf-nntp Generic responses

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Jan 3 03:56:54 PST 2002

Looking again at the generic responses, it strikes me that almost all of
them can occur for any command. It would therefore be best if clients were
prepared for this.

Therefore I suggest we add the following paragraph to 4.1.1:

    With the exception of 500 for mandatory commands, the client MUST
    be prepared to receive these responses for any command.

If we do this, do we need to list the generic responses as part of each
command's description ?

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 4037