ietf-nntp Concerning Streaming

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Wed Jan 2 02:30:33 PST 2002

Stan Barber said:
> The proposal was to call it streaming and the text was in the original
> poll document. I don't recall any consensus to change it to pipelining
> and there was concern at the IETF meeting that it might be confused with
> the SMTP extension if we called it pipelining.

But it does much the same as that extension, so it's a reasonable name.

There was concern on the list that it might be confused with the NNTP
extension called MODE STREAMING (or something like that).

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 4037