ietf-nntp Re: WG Review: Simple Authentication and Security Layer (sasl)

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Dec 6 07:21:26 PST 2002

Charles Lindsey wrote:

> Do we think that incorporating SASL into NNTP, or otherwise ensuring
> compatibility with our draft, should be added to the remit of this new WG?

Since what is being worked on in this group is a SASL profile, it will
not be added to the SASL WG charter.  I'm sure that members of the SASL
WG will be happy to review the NNTP SASL profile document (I for one, as
well as Larry Greenfield and Rob Siemborski).  In fact, Rob and I have
already had an extensive email thread with Jeff on the NNTP SASL stuff.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127