ietf-nntp HDR replacement text

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sun Aug 25 22:26:38 PDT 2002

Clive D W Feather <clive at demon.net> writes:
> Russ Allbery said:

>> 9.5.3  The HDR Extension

> Here are some proposed changes to allow metadata.

> I think it's important that HDR, OVER, and LIST OVERVIEW.FMT are
> consistent about the metadata they provide. Therefore descriptions of
> what metadata there is belongs somewhere else, not here.

Maybe it would be better to put that together as a separate proposal with
the accompanying changes to all of those commands?

I didn't include these changes in the current proposed HDR text yet
because as of yet there's no metadata to query, and once we start talking
about metadata I want to include real examples.