ietf-nntp draft posted

Charles Lindsey chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 03:54:39 PST 2001

In <ylhermziep.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu> Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> writes:

>Charles Lindsey <chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk> writes:

>> Where is the Clive's text for wildmats, which was discussed extensively
>> on this group and on which a consensus was reached?

>The new wildmat text predated the beginning of my collection of things
>that had been discussed on the list, and I didn't go back and add it
>because I wasn't sure that we'd reached consensus on which form of wildmat
>we decided to adopt.  There were two or three alternate texts proposed,
>and it wasn't clear to me which people favored.  There are open questions
>about whether character classes should be included, for example.

>Can you point at the proposal that you feel has reached consensus?

Last thing I remember is that Clive had two texts (both should still be on
his website) and we had reached consensus on the shorter one, without the
character classes.

If we had not reach consensus, then why have we not been discussing it
since then?

Email: chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.