ietf-nntp [a-z] in Wildmats

Maurizio Codogno mau at beatles.cselt.it
Thu Jun 21 04:34:58 PDT 2001

[sorry - pushed the wrong key]

In die Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:35:16 GMT
chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk (Charles Lindsey) scripsit:

> AIUI, we are agreed on CLive's formulation of wildmats, but have to choose
> between versions with and without the [...] feature.

I may have lost some message in the group, but I do not understand
exactly where the problem is.

Given that a normalization phase has to be carried out anyway,
so the problems with E ACUTE do not arise, for diacritical marks in
other languages we may just dictate that they are normalized in a
fixed order.  So

> a TIBETAN LETTER PHA with a TIBETAN SIGN NYI ZLA NAA DA over the
> top of it

will be equivalent to two characters in that order, and it would be the
task of the normalization phase to check for the order. I think
this is more or less what people in idn are doing in NAMEPREP phase.

ciao, .mau.

--
Tieni a mente il mio nuovo indirizzo email! Get my new email address!
puntomaupunto at tin.it