ietf-nntp DRAFT summary of IETF 49

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sun Jan 7 22:40:28 PST 2001

Stan O Barber <sob at verio.net> writes:

> At this meeting of the working group, the main draft,
> draft-ietf-nntpext-base-11.txt, was the only draft discussed in
> detail. Most of the discussion was centered on relatively small changes
> to the document. The most significant changes were to remove PAT from
> the base document and to replace it with HDR.

I'm not sure if you're saying that this topic was discussed, or if it was
decided finally at the meeting that this is what should be done.  Could
you clarify?  Are we decided to remove PAT and add HDR?

> MODE READER was discussed, but no one in the group felt that its use
> should be required.  A reader can choose to use it or not.

Er... okay.  I guess.  That doesn't make very much sense to me.  "This
command is entirely optional, but if you don't send it you may not be able
to read news"?