ietf-nntp Concerning Streaming

Stan O. Barber sob at academ.com
Mon Dec 31 22:37:45 PST 2001

There was clear consensus on adding section on streaming suggested by
Clive Feather, so it will be added to the 15th revision of the draft as
section 4.2. There will be an additional sentence at the end of the
third paragraph stating that the server MUST process commands in the
order they were sent.

There is not clear consensus on which commands should be not-streamable.
So, that issue is still to be resolved. For now, I have decided that
MODE READER, POST and LIST EXTENSIONS will be not-streamable. I will
leave it to list participants to persuade me that I am wrong or that
there should be additional commands added. These changes will also be in
the final version of the 15th revision.