ietf-nntp Maximum command length

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 31 13:46:20 PST 2001

Charles Lindsey <chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk> writes:

> I think the change is so small that noone will want to write a separate
> document to do just that, and it is not an obvious "add-on" to any other
> proposal that might come forward.

It would be perfectly reasonable to do a separate "roll up"
standards-track RFC that includes a bunch of small extensions not large
enough to warrant their own documents.  There are a lot of little
extensions floating around that could be usefully standardized in that
fashion, and a few others that I can see being useful (like a MESSAGEID
command to get a server-generated message ID).