ietf-nntp 9.3.2 still slightly unclear on IHAVE return codes

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 31 12:36:43 PST 2001

Clive D W Feather <clive at demon.net> writes:
> Russ Allbery said:
> [...]

>> It partially duplicates information already found in the summary of
>> return codes, but in this case I think the return codes to IHAVE are
>> confusing and the additional clarity is helpful.

> In my proposal on return codes sections, I was careful to separate out
> the two types of return code. These do not seem to have made it into the
> draft; I don't understand why not.

I agree with separating out the return codes in that fashion, but also
think that the changes to the text should be done.  Better to have that
information in several places given how confused people can be over it.

I've added both of those proposals to the proposed list at
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/nntp/proposed/>, which I'm in the process of
updating now.