ietf-nntp about the list on mailman

Maurizio Codogno puntomaupunto at tin.it
Mon Dec 31 10:16:24 PST 2001

At 11:54 31/12/2001 -0600, you wrote:

> > In addition, the https support is broken in some way that IE on my laptop
> > won't detail (it just says "An error occurred in the secure channel
> > support").
>
>That's interesting. I am able to reach it via IE 6 on 2000 just fine. It will
>ask about the certificate, but that's a standard dialogue, not an error. I
>have
>not tried it on any other versions of IE (since I don't have any other
>versions
>installed at present).
>
>I know it works ok on Netscape 4.78 and Netscape 6 as well.

I may add that both Mozilla 0.9.7 and IE 5.5 SP1 for Windows 2000 have no
problem, besides the nuisance to have to approve the certificate from an
authority which is not trusted.

as for the random passwords, I don't know any way to assign a password in
mailman. Luckily, every month the password should be sent in an email
message.

ciao, .mau.