ietf-nntp Mime-Version: 1.0

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Dec 13 02:27:48 PST 2001

Ade Lovett said:
>>> You are welcome to respond whenever you want to, but it won't be considered
>>> part of this particular consensus measurement unless you respond in the
>>> window
>>> indicated.
>> Why not ?
> Presumably because the WG Chair said so.   (nyah nyah nyah).

Wrong answer.

> Accept the rules, or get them changed.  Asking questions to which you
> already know the answer does seem a little odd.

I want to know the rationale behind the WG Chair's decision, not whether he
has the power to make it. If I knew the answer, I wouldn't have asked.

[Though the Socratic Method does have advantages.]

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 4037