ietf-nntp newa@, usenet@ and RFC 2142

Charles Lindsey chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk
Thu Dec 6 07:11:17 PST 2001

RFC 2142 (Mailbox names for common services) mentions the names
"usenet at address" and "news at address", and cites RFC 977 as the primary
reference for the former (and the latter as being a synonym for it).

Our present NNTP draft makes no mention of it. Should it?

Actually, I think it should not, because USEFOR would be a more
appropriate place to do it. Indeed USEFOR does make some mention of it,
but the wording could maybe be improved, and I have started a thread on
the USEFOR list on the matter.

Email: chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.