ietf-nntp New proposals added to web site

Paul Overell paulo at turnpike.com
Tue Dec 4 09:46:24 PST 2001

In message <20011204084333.D28707 at demon.net>, Clive D.W. Feather
<clive at demon.net> writes
>Russ Allbery said:
>> I've added the four new wording proposals that seem to have some consensus
>> to <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/nntp/proposed/>.  If anyone disagrees,
>> now's the time to speak up.
>
>I have restored my "streaming" text to my website:
>
>    http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/section-4.2.txt
>
>Does anyone actually disagree with it ?

I strongly agree with including this, and I vote for the wording of
alternative 2.  However I do have a quibble with the word "streaming".

For consistency shouldn't we use the established term "pipelining" as
per the equivalent ESMTP feature: "RFC2920 SMTP Service Extension for
Command Pipelining"?

Regards
--
Paul Overell                                             T U R N P I K E