ietf-nntp 9.3.2 still slightly unclear on IHAVE return codes

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Tue Dec 4 01:10:55 PST 2001

Russ Allbery said:
[...]
> It partially duplicates information already found in the summary of return
> codes, but in this case I think the return codes to IHAVE are confusing
> and the additional clarity is helpful.

In my proposal on return codes sections, I was careful to separate out
the two types of return code. These do not seem to have made it into the
draft; I don't understand why not.

I wrote:

  9.3.1 POST

       340         send article to be posted
       440         posting not allowed

       240         article received successfully
       441         posting failed

  9.3.2 IHAVE

       335         send article
       435         do not send article

       235         article received successfully
       436         transfer failed, try again later
       437         article rejected, do not resend

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 4037