ietf-nntp <distributions> parameter to NEWGROUPS and NEWNEWS

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Tue Sep 5 05:57:10 PDT 2000

Russ Allbery said:
> Have you ever actually wanted to do
> this (specify distributions as part of NEWNEWS)?  I can't imagine a
> situation where it would be particularly useful, given the very few places
> that distributions are still used effectively on Usenet these days, but
> that could just be my lack of imagination.

I haven't used them, but I think Brad was talking about ways to make
sensible use of them, so don't write them off yet.

> Regardless, the bizarre angle bracket syntax should go.

I'd agree there, but what is current practice ?

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 1037