ietf-nntp <distributions> parameter to NEWGROUPS and NEWNEWS

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 4 16:28:05 PDT 2000

Charles Lindsey <chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk> writes:

> But interpreting DIstributions in the ordinary sense would be a good
> idea and it would be a piy to lose it.

Really?

It makes no sense at all for NEWGROUPS so far as I can tell, so I assume
you're just talking about NEWNEWS.  Have you ever actually wanted to do
this (specify distributions as part of NEWNEWS)?  I can't imagine a
situation where it would be particularly useful, given the very few places
that distributions are still used effectively on Usenet these days, but
that could just be my lack of imagination.

Regardless, the bizarre angle bracket syntax should go.