ietf-nntp Wildmats

Stan O. Barber sob at verio.net
Thu Nov 16 09:42:15 PST 2000

"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:

> In all except PAT, comma makes sense as alternative. If we provide a way to
> escape comma, then we can do the same for PAT and everything becomes much
> simpler to describe.

This is a great analysis. This indicates to me that PAT should probably not use
wildmat and use something else altogether. If we do that, then wildmat can be
defined just to deal with newsgroup names and that's really what it was invented
to do.

--
Stan   | PGP Key ID: 55CB6421     | Opinions expressed are only mine.
Olan   | Phone: +1-713-793-0222   | Email: sob at academ.com
Barber | Fax:   +1-208-445-2972   | http://www.academ.com/~sob