ietf-nntp Wildmats

Tim Roberts troberts at bigfoot.com
Tue Nov 14 08:14:48 PST 2000

I have no issues with the different options (brackets, slashes, etc) however
I find the matching 'rightmost wins' very confusing .  Is there any reason
why it can't simply be stated that a string needs to match ALL components to
be considered a match (which is staight forward, easy to explain and easy to
understand)?

Example
"a*,!*b,c*" and "a*,c*,!*b" would both mean "any string beginning with
either a or c and does not end with b" versus the very confusing "righmost"
example given...