ietf-nntp Draft comments

Stan O. Barber sob at verio.net
Mon Nov 13 21:57:29 PST 2000

Tim Roberts wrote:

> I would think that any sorting of results on the server should be
> eliminated.  Today's clients are more capable of handling the extra load for
> sorting.  This provides a better balanced and more efficient use of
> resources overall.

Do you have a specific profile in mind for the client you are envisioning?
Sorting using requires memory and most of the PDA-type devices I know about
don't have lots of it. Servers usually do.
--
Stan   | PGP Key ID: 55CB6421     | Opinions expressed are only mine.
Olan   | Phone: +1-713-793-0222   | Email: sob at academ.com
Barber | Fax:   +1-713-793-0221   | http://www.academ.com/~sob