ietf-nntp Draft comments

Stan O. Barber sob at verio.net
Mon Nov 13 09:39:47 PST 2000

I have heard nothing since the draft was published at the beginning of the
month. I know there are a couple of issues that have come up in the past that
need to be put to bed:

1. Section 5 -- Wildmat specification..... The last discussion we had (that I
see in the archives) was to replace this section with something based on the
latest INN documentation. I have not seen specific text on this. I'd prefer
someone else offer that and I edit it, but I can write it if there is still
interest in replacing this section.

2. Section 7 -- Streaming .... There was proposed text on this that I didn't
include in 11. My concern here is including this in the base specification
rather than putting it in an extension. I think it makes a great extension, but
I remain concerned about having in the base.

Are there others? Please bring them up (or bring them up again, if they were not
addressed).

We do have a slot at the December IETF, so if we don't resolve this by then, I
will have to assume that they are no longer relevant or they will be brough up
in December.

The deadline for getting 12 to the ID folks is the 24th, so if there is a need
for more revisions, I'd like to get them by the end of this week, so I can try
to get 12 out by the 24th.