ietf-nntp newsgroup production

Charles Lindsey chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Jul 31 02:15:43 PDT 2000

In <Pine.LNX.3.93.1000729023144.3832C-100000 at one.softml.net> Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai at SoftML.net> writes:

>Does "Other" include the character "-", and "Unicode Letter"
>presumably not include character "-"?  Does the "< xxx , yyy >"
>notation mean the character sets xxx followed by yyy?
>If these are true, then you're right.  It'd help if you
>had included complete definitions for the <...>s.

Sorry, I omitted the line from the USEFOR text that explained the
notation. All the <...>s are just plain English which 'suggest' the
intended meaning. In this case, the things within <...> are all technical
terms defined within the Unicode documentation.

Email:     chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk  Web:   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Voice/Fax: +44 161 437 4506      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9     Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7  65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5