ietf-nntp mixed-casing reference

Stan O. Barber sob at verio.net
Fri Jul 28 16:17:09 PDT 2000

Chin Chee-Kai wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Stan O. Barber wrote:
>
> >>[...] The definition of a newsgroup name should be RFC 1036 (and
> >>anything that might modify that) territory.
>
> Sorry, I just looked at RFC1036 but didn't find any precise
> (production rule) definition of newsgroup name in it.
> Does the "definitive" newsgroup name still fall on RFC877
> and this draft revision?  If so, we'd still have to be
> clear and specific on the name definitions.

If by "clear and specific" you mean we should refer to these other documents, I
agree. This document will not define the format for a newsgroup name. That is
outside scope for this WG and this document.

--
Stan   | PGP Key ID: 55CB6421     | Opinions expressed are only mine.
Olan   | Phone: +1-713-793-0222   | Email: sob at academ.com
Barber | Fax:   +1-713-793-0221   | http://www.academ.com/~sob