ietf-nntp Another message from urs@akk.org about tin

Stan O. Barber sob at verio.net
Fri Jul 28 10:22:27 PDT 2000

"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Some time ago I proposed the wording:
> >>
> >>   If a client receives an unexpected response, it SHOULD use the first
> >>   digit to determine what action to take. In most cases, a reasonable
> >>   action would be that taken for a valid response with the same first
> >>   digit.
> >>
> >> What is wrong with it ?
> >
> > Are you saying you have a different opinion or the same opinion?
> > (which you chose not to correctly indicate in your quotation of my message).
>
> Excuse me ? I quoted enough (unchanged) to make it clear what was being
> talked about, and snipped excess text that was not necessary to understand
> the context of my reply. I don't understand what you are complaining about
> here.

Look closely. Indicate to me where you show that the first bit of text was
suggested by Lee Kindness. I don't see any inclusion that indicate the
attribution to Lee in what you quoted from my message. Since only my name is
mentioned in your message, it implies that I supplied the text that you are
commenting about. I didn't. That's the point.
--
Stan   | PGP Key ID: 55CB6421     | Opinions expressed are only mine.
Olan   | Phone: +1-713-793-0222   | Email: sob at academ.com
Barber | Fax:   +1-713-793-0221   | http://www.academ.com/~sob