ietf-nntp Another message from urs@akk.org about tin

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Fri Jul 28 09:11:50 PDT 2000

Stan O. Barber said:

>> [...]
>>> Seems like a good clarification to me. Any other opinions?
>>
>> Some time ago I proposed the wording:
>>
>>   If a client receives an unexpected response, it SHOULD use the first
>>   digit to determine what action to take. In most cases, a reasonable
>>   action would be that taken for a valid response with the same first
>>   digit.
>>
>> What is wrong with it ?
>
> Are you saying you have a different opinion or the same opinion?

A similar opinion. I agree the issue should be clarified; I think that
Lee's wording is too detailed and inflexible.

> I am sure that
> others will chime in if they like your wording over that offered by Lee Kindness

Well, I would hope so, but I seem to have seen little or no comment on much
of the wording I have proposed.

> (which you chose not to correctly indicate in your quotation of my message).

Excuse me ? I quoted enough (unchanged) to make it clear what was being
talked about, and snipped excess text that was not necessary to understand
the context of my reply. I don't understand what you are complaining about
here.

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 1037