ietf-nntp Merging ARTICLE, HEAD, BODY, and STAT

Chin Chee-Kai cheekai at SoftML.net
Wed Jul 26 18:21:38 PDT 2000

>>Actually, the four commands have a simliar command set. The results returned by
>>each command is quite different. Implementors can choose to exploit the
>>commonality and implement them using the same kind of code if they like.
>>However, that choice should NOT be driven by the standards document.

I second this opinion in the presentation of the command
specifications.  If there's even a real need to illustrate
some kind of similarity or relationship between the commands,
most technical references I've seen place them under
"See Also".

Cheers,
CK