ietf-nntp new draft of base document available

Stan O. Barber sob at verio.net
Tue Jul 25 13:34:09 PDT 2000

"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:
> If we are opening the issue, then I'll make my situation clear. I am
> willing to do the editorial work of maintaining the draft text, merging in
> corrections and changes that appear to have consensus, and keeping an
> issues list. I probably will not be able to attend IETF meetings, though
> there may be exceptions. I have little experience of implementing NNTP
> servers and clients, but do have extensive experience working on standards
> documents, so hopefully I will be better at ensuring the specification is
> readable stand-alone than some people would be.

I think you are getting confused on what the editor does versus the WG chair.

If you want to do both, then you will need to get the ADs to agree to that. If
you want to be editor, that has to do with turning around the documents and
making the changes under the direction of the chair.

Which job do you want?