ietf-nntp new draft of base document available

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Tue Jul 25 06:18:28 PDT 2000

Charles Lindsey said:
>>> In which case I think you're doing it wrongly.
>> Very well, shall we open the floor to replace me as editor?
> I think that possibility has to be considered.

This wasn't a can of worms that I intended to open, but since it has
been ...

> Hitherto, we have been having discussions with a round-trip time of 6
> months. Currently, as of this last week, the WG seems to be Working,
> except that it is still not clear which of the ideas being floated are to
> be considered 'in' and which 'out'.

Exactly my point.

If we are opening the issue, then I'll make my situation clear. I am
willing to do the editorial work of maintaining the draft text, merging in
corrections and changes that appear to have consensus, and keeping an
issues list. I probably will not be able to attend IETF meetings, though
there may be exceptions. I have little experience of implementing NNTP
servers and clients, but do have extensive experience working on standards
documents, so hopefully I will be better at ensuring the specification is
readable stand-alone than some people would be.

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 1037