ietf-nntp new draft of base document available

Charles Lindsey chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk
Sat Jul 22 12:56:43 PDT 2000

In <397727F3.2B9D4152 at verio.net> "Stan O. Barber" <sob at verio.net> writes:

>Charles Lindsey wrote:
>> For example, On Jan 2nd I reported a Y2K bug in the reference
>> implementation, together with a fix. No response. Was my fix correct? Has
>> it been incorporated? No! Don't tell me to go download the reference
>> implementation again to see if it has been done - that is exactly what I
>> do *not* mean by "helpful" above.

>There is nothing in the working group charter that has anything to do with
>support for the reference implementation, per se. Is it your expectation that
>the WG does have such a responsibility?

No, but I thought reporting it to this list would reach a significant
number of people who might be interested, and I knew for a fact that it
would reach the maintainer of the reference implementation.

I still do not know whether the maintainer of the reference implementation
was in the least bit interested in the fix.
Email:     chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk  Web:   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Voice/Fax: +44 161 437 4506      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9     Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7  65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5