ietf-nntp MODE READER

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Thu Jul 20 06:28:14 PDT 2000

In article <Fxzoyo.H75 at clw.cs.man.ac.uk>,
	chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk (Charles Lindsey) wrote;

} >  Clients SHOULD issue a MODE READER command as the first command if
} >  they intend to use the GROUP, ARTICLE, HEAD, BODY, STATUS, or POST
} >  commands during the connection. They SHOULD NOT do so if they intend
} >  to use the IHAVE command.
}
} I think there may be more commands affected than that. NEWNEWS for
} example?

Yes.  I think above sentense would be something like;

  Clients SHOULD issue a MODE READER command as the first command if
  they intend to use commands, during the connection, except AUTHINFO,
  IHAVE, CHECK, TAKETHIS, LIST, MODE STREAM, QUIT or HELP.

--
Katsuhiro Kondou