ietf-nntp new draft of base document available

Charles Lindsey chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk
Thu Jul 20 02:22:10 PDT 2000

In <3975D619.EBDF8DAB at verio.net> "Stan O. Barber" <sob at verio.net> writes:

>> No, for two reasons:
>>
>> (1) They don't appear for months after the discussion that led to the
>> change.

>This is why there are mailing list archives.

>> (2) They don't explain why changes weren't made.

>Again, if there are questions about why certain changes were made or not, then
>ask them.

May I suggest that that is not a particularly helpful way to run a Working
Group. We are supposed to be cooperating in writing a draft, not in trying
to guess what the editor may or may not have done.

For example, On Jan 2nd I reported a Y2K bug in the reference
implementation, together with a fix. No response. Was my fix correct? Has
it been incorporated? No! Don't tell me to go download the reference
implementation again to see if it has been done - that is exactly what I
do *not* mean by "helpful" above.

Email:     chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk  Web:   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Voice/Fax: +44 161 437 4506      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9     Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7  65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5