ietf-nntp Section 12

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 19 13:11:58 PDT 2000

I agree with Clive's proposed changes to this section.  I'd just like to
add one more to avoid future implementors getting stuck in the same
rathole that the AUTHINFO stuff did.

Clive D W Feather <clive at demon.net> writes:

> Change to:

>   A server MAY provide additional keywords - either new commands or
>   new parameters to existing commands - as part of a private extension.
>   These new keywords MUST begin with "X".

And add:

    A server MUST NOT send different response codes to basic NNTP commands
    documented here or commands documented in registered extensions in
    response to the availability or use of a private extension.