ietf-nntp DEBUG command

Stan O. Barber sob at verio.net
Wed Jul 19 09:14:52 PDT 2000

"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:

> I don't remember this from the last draft, or any discussion about it.
>
> Is the command itself mandatory (even if a server doesn't provide debugging
> facilities) ? If so, I need to rewrite my proposed text for section 4.

This was a clarification of RFC977 which defined in the X9X codes, but didnt
define how they are presented. There was questions about when the X9X codes
should appear ans such, so I created this to address the use of these responses.
This is not based on existing practice since there are almost no server
implementations that make use of these codes.